Bohm Presents takes the protection of your privacy seriously. We comply with the standards set out under the Privacy Act, 1988 and the National Privacy Principles contained within the Commonwealth Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act, 2000.
The purpose of this policy is to tell you how and why we collect and use personal information, what sort of information we collect, how we keep this information secure and your choices in relation to our use of and your ability to change this information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from or about you in a variety of circumstances. For example, when you:
- Request information from us
- Join our mailing list
- Visit our website
- Purchase a ticket through our office, or a third party ticketing agency
We also collect personal information over the telephone, in person and by email or fax to undertake our daily administrative operations.
What sort of information we collect and how we use it
We collect different types of information for different reasons. For example:
- When you request information from us, we collect contact details (such as your name, postal and email addresses, telephone and fax number) from you so that we can respond to your query.
- When you purchase a ticket, service or product from us, we collect financial information (such as credit card details) so that we can receive payment from you. We also collect contact details to facilitate delivery, and to notify you in the case of changes to a date or time of a performance, or in the event of cancellation.
- When you visit our website a small file called a 'cookie' is placed on your machine, enabling our site to store website traffic data. This is the only information collected by our 'cookie' system. This information is not used to identify individual details, but only collected into aggregate anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our service.
- When you join our mailing list we collect contact details and may ask your interests so we can provide you with to information about our products and services that are based on your selections.
- For general business purposes, we also collect contact details of our suppliers and service providers, the companies we work with, artists, job applicants etc.
How we disclose and use information
Generally, we will only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose that it was collected; or where the primary and secondary purposes are related and you would reasonably expect us to do so. For example:
- If we collect information about your attendance at a performance, we may use that information to provide you with promotional materials about a similar event in the future. When we send you information about upcoming events based on your previous purchases, we take care not to send more than one email per week.
At any time you can choose to 'opt out' of receiving further marketing material. Opt out instructions are included on all direct marketing correspondence.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional material from Bohm Presents please advise us on email email@example.com, or by telephone (08) 8363 0212. Alternatively you can to write to us at PO Box 179, Stepney, SA 5069.
Records will be amended within 30 days.
Instances where our use or disclosure of personal information is permitted under the National Privacy Principles include:
- Where you have given us consent to do so
- Where it is required or authorised by or under law
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect any person, or our rights or property
We never sell personal information to third parties. We will not disclose to third parties the personal information we collect about you, except where:
- It is necessary to conduct our business
- We engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services. For instance
- Ticketing Agencies
- Credit Card Companies and Banks
- Delivery Service Providers (ie couriers, postal houses etc)
- Web developer
Our business arrangements with third party service providers provide for complete confidentiality.
Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
How we maintain the accuracy of information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
We have implemented appropriate technology, management processes and policies to maintain data accuracy.
How we protect the information we collect
We make every effort to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of information under our control.
- Personal information is retained in a secure system protected by a firewall
- Our security measures are reviewed regularly and updated as required
- Employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by us
How you can access and correct your information
If we hold your personal information we will where possible provide you with access to that information. There are certain circumstances where an exception to access may apply. For a full list of exceptions please see Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) Schedule 3, National Privacy Principle 6 http://www.privacy.gov.au/publications/npps01.html#f.
If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by any of the methods listed below.
For further information or to access or correct the personal information we hold about you, please contact us:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 179
Telephone: (08) 8363 0212
Changes to this policy
It may be necessary for us to review and revise this policy from time to time. Updated versions of the policy will be posted on our website www.bohmpresents.com.
This policy last updated 14 January 2021.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site. www.privacy.gov.au